If you are a victim of violent crime in Ontario, you may be eligible for financial compensation. A criminal injury tort claim can be launched by a personal injury lawyer directly on behalf of the injuring party with the goal of attaining financial compensation for the injuries suffered by the victim. The standard in criminal injury tort claims requires demonstrating that the injuring party contributed directly to the harms suffered by the injured party. Criminal injury tort claims are often complex. Reybroek Law provides experienced personal injury lawyers as a trusted advocate to represent you through the process.
Am I Eligible?
You may be eligible if:
- You have been injured as a result of a violent crime committed in Ontario.
- You are caring for a victim of crime and suffered a loss of income or garnered expenses as a result of the victim’s injury or death.
- You are the dependant of a deceased victim (in the case of murder).
- You were injured while trying to prevent a crime or while helping a police officer make an arrest.
Where appropriate, you may be eligible for compensation for a variety of expenses, including:
- Medical, dental and therapy
- Funeral and burial
- Legal services
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of income or support
Call Reybroek Law to discuss your circumstances with a member of our legal team.