Have you been injured
on a construction site?

Despite strict safety standards, people are frequently injured on or near construction sites. If you have been injured in a construction accident, seek the advice of an experienced personal injury lawyer. Our lawyers may be able to help you receive accident benefits from your own insurance company. In some cases, we will recommend filing a personal injury lawsuit, or tort claim, to recover financial compensation from those responsible for causing you harm.

Frequently Asked Questions

Is my family eligible for compensation even though I was injured?

Yes. The Family Law Act provides for recovery, to some extent, for the loss of guidance, care and companionship as well as certain out of pocket expenses. Additionally, the accident benefits insurer (most often your own insurance company) pays certain expenses to family members.

Do I meet the legal tests for Income Replacement Benefit?

An Income Replacement Benefit is not payable for the first week of missed work. After the first week, you must suffer a substantial inability to perform the essential tasks of your employment. The test changes after two years. After 104 weeks (two years), the question is whether you suffer a complete inability to engage in any employment, for which you are reasonably suited by education, training, or experience.

What if you are injured in a car accident while on the job?

The first question that needs to be determined in such circumstances is whether you are actually ‘in the course of your employment’. If you were travelling between home and work, there is a good chance you are not in the course of your employment, although there are exceptions to this. If you were travelling between work sites, on the other hand, you may very well be considered to be in the course of your employment.

The easiest way to get help

Call us 1.866.357.2409

Further Reading

Reybroek Law case summary featured on Ontario Trial Lawyers Association image of badly damaged automobile

Reybroek case summary featured on Ontario Trial Lawyers Association blog

| Auto Accidents | No Comments

17-000835 v. Aviva General Insurance Canada, 2018 CanLII 83520 (ON LAT) This article was first published on the Ontario Trial Lawyers Association Blog. ADJUDICATOR:┬áLinda P. Lamoureux, Executive Chair For the…

Family Law Act Ontario Personal Injury Lawyers image of a woman pushing an elderly man in a wheelchair, silhouette with a sunset background

Family Law Act Claims in Personal Injury Actions

| Auto Accidents | No Comments
Personal injuries often have a large impact, not only on those who are injured but on their families. Imagine a scenario in which your aging father, who lives three hours...
Bandaged female hand recovering from dog bite.

Bitten by a Dog? Bite Back!

| Dog Bites | No Comments

Have you or a family member been bitten by a dog? We have all been in a situation where we are confronted by an aggressive dog and the owner reassures…