Have you been injured
in a slip and fall accident?

Property owners and occupiers are required to maintain their real estate in a manner that makes the property reasonably safe. If they fail to do so, and someone is hurt as a result of the unsafe condition, the injured party may be able to file a lawsuit to recover damages, including pain and suffering, lost income, and medical expenses. Slip and fall accidents can be physically and emotionally painful, and legally complicated. Your legal rights and obligations vary according to where the accident occurred, who owned or occupied the property, and the extent of your damages.

Frequently Asked Questions

What compensation am I entitled to?

If you have sustained an injury in a slip and fall accident, you may be entitled to compensation for pain and suffering, referred to as general damages, loss of income and loss of ability to earn income, housekeeping and home maintenance expenses, and any healthcare expenses not covered by OHIP or other sources. Your entitlement to compensation for this type of injury will depend on the circumstances of your fall.

Does the condition of the area make a difference in my slip and fall accident?

Slip and fall accidents can happen in a wide variety of places and involve various dangerous conditions. If you were injured because of a dangerous condition on another’s property, you have a legal right to be compensated for the damages you have suffered.

What should I do if I'm involved in a slip and fall accident?

In every slip and fall liability case, it is important to document the condition that led to your injury. If possible, take photos of the dangerous condition as soon as possible.

The easiest way to get help

Call us 1.866.357.2409

Further Reading

Halloween Safety Tips

Halloween has arrived! Here are some helpful Halloween safety tips for drivers and parents of trick-or-treaters to consider when taking their children out: Parents should remind trick-or-treaters before they go…

Read More

Understanding Your Right to an Income Replacement Benefit

Ontario has mandatory no-fault insurance coverage for individuals injured through the use or operation of a motor vehicle. This coverage includes the right to an income replacement benefit (“IRB”). A…

Read More